Freediving safety (free download)
- Get checked out by a doctor first, have a certificate of good health
- Have all people fill out and sign a fitness form, be aware of allergies and medical problems, or if people have any special requirements.
- Maintain a log of dives and depths
- First aid kit with O2 be available on the boat.
- Everyone should have min 16hr fist aid cert
- An oxygen meter be included in first aid box, to measure O2 in blood
- Have Emergency action plan, written out and ensure all aboard know what to do.
- Do a risk assessment
- Give a dive briefing before setting off from shore
- Practise rescues and keep a log of training.
New divers must not go beyond 15mts
For the full PDF version please down load by clicking on Freediving